How Smarter Travel are adapting to continue to provide Travel Plan Coordinator projects
19th March 2020
In light of the current situation we are adapting our work to ensure minimal disruption. This will have implications on how we undertake our role as Travel Plan Coordinators, however, we are ensuring we can continue to provide the best service possible to our clients and residents.
Firstly, we would like to reassure you, we are currently still
operating as normal, where possible. Our offices are still open, however, where
appropriate, staff are working remotely. We can still be contacted directly as
usual and will continue to be able to support any questions or queries that you
How this situation is affecting our work:
- We appreciate that promoting the use of public transport is not as appropriate at this time. Therefore, we are being cautious in how we promote sustainable travel. We will share and provide updates on public transport operators in terms of their service updates.
- We are postponing any door-to-door activities that we have planned. These will be rescheduled for a later date.
- We will not be undertaking any Travel Plan surveys, this is for the safety of our employees, contractors and residents. Again, these will be rescheduled, where appropriate.
- All ‘desk based’ duties will continue as normal. Therefore, we can still produce Travel Plan reports and communicate with residents. We will still be issuing Travel Plan voucher requests from residents, however, this may take a little longer than normal in some instances (we will advise and update accordingly).
- Where possible and where meetings are required, we would prefer to conduct these either online or through conference call.
Please do feel free to contact us by email or telephone if you require further information or specific information on the Travel Plans for your development(s) or alternatively, any residents can contact us by our usual means.
We hope you all stay safe and well.
The Smarter Travel team.