Workplace Travel Plans are primarily implemented to address and change the commuting habits of employees and they can be either a planning requirement or implemented voluntarily. Workplace Travel Plans can contribute towards sustainability accreditations, such as BREEAM, as well as setting yourself ahead of other employers.
Each and every Workplace Travel Plan should be unique as there are many variables which need to be taken into consideration, this includes;
• Nature and industry of the organisation;
• Organisational culture and company policies;
• Location of your business(es);
• Where your employees reside;
• How well served the workplace is by public transport links;
• Requirements for business travel; and
• Any issues with current transport options and employee commuter habits.
As Travel Plan Coordinators, we can produce a business-specific, branded and bespoke Workplace Travel Plan for your organisation, as well as measuring and monitoring the plan throughout its lifespan (if required). Furthermore, we can design and produce marketing collateral to distribute to your employees, including induction/welcome packs and sustainable travel giveaway items such as umbrellas, travel mugs and waterproof rucksack covers. Furthermore, additional measures we can implement into your workplace include; interest-free loans for public transport tickets, introduction or expansion of cycle parking, set up and management of car-sharing schemes and distribution of local area maps.
By implementing a Workplace Travel Plan, not only are you helping your staff commute more easily, but you are also giving them many more benefits;
• Reducing the cost of travel for your employees;
• Reducing journey times to and from the workplace in addition to the surrounding area;
• Help build exercise into the daily routine;
• Cut business mileage claims – therefore, saving your business money;
• Improve your business image to stakeholders;
• Become more environmentally friendly by reducing your carbon footprint;
• Create a happier, healthier and more productive workforce;
• Improve the creativity of your employees;
• Increase staff engagement and retention;
• Demonstrate excellent corporate social responsibility.
Find out more about our different services through our Travel Planning Tiers: